Nominations for the 24th UK Coaching Awards are now open!
Hosted by UK Coaching, the highly regarded awards showcase the diverse work of coaches from all walks of life, helping people improve their well-being and activity levels. UK Coaching is encouraging the British public to nominate a coach as part of its Great Coaching Comeback campaign. Overall, there are 11 award categories, eight for coaches and three in support of coaches. All honour #GreatCoaching and truly celebrate coaches and organisations that make a difference.
The Awards for Coaches are given to individual coaches who have excelled and shown outstanding commitment in a certain area, or to an individual and/or group over the last 12 months. Collectively, they are:
- Community Coach of the Year – Children and Young People
- Community Coach of the Year – Adults
- Young Coach of the Year
- Changing Lives Award
- Talent Development Coach of the Year
- High Performance Coach of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award*
- And the Coaching Chain*, which recognises contributions made by individual coaches throughout an elite athlete’s life in helping achieve their potential.
*These award categories are not open for public nominations.
The Awards in Support of Coaches recognise those who recruit, develop, educate, qualify, and/or deploy coaches effectively in the UK. Collectively, they are:
- Coach Developer of the Year
- Transforming Coaching
- Coaching for an Active Life Award
Public nominations for the awards will close at 10:00 on the 13 September and what follows is a rigorous, independent and impartial judging process. All nomination information is treated as confidential until shortlists and winners are announced.
To read the guidance and nominate, click here.
To read the full UK Coaching press release, click here.