Gloucestershire FA is looking to recruit and engage a group of enthusiastic volunteers to represent young people within football in our region. If you are aged between 18-25 years old, this could be an excellent opportunity for you to join us...
Now moving into it’s second full year, The GFA Ambassador Programme is comprised of 10-15 young people who meet, discuss, plan and deliver the following objectives to support grassroots football:
- Delivery of a UEFA Euro 2020 Event in May 2021 within the county to encourage participation in football
- Support local grassroots clubs to create Youth Leadership groups to ensure that young footballers have their voices heard and can make a positive difference
- Gather and utilise feedback to make changes on how football is shaped and delivered across Bristol & Gloucestershire
- Inspire and make it easier for young people to engage with football, in either a playing, refereeing, coaching or volunteering capacity
- Increase the exposure and perception of Gloucestershire FA amongst young people and the wider football network through social media campaigns, events and initiatives
The group meets a minimum of four times across the football season virtually, or at locations that suit the recruited Ambassadors. The Ambassadors will also be expected to attend 2 out of the 3 events that are planned and delivered.
Becoming part of the GFA Ambassador Programme will provide individuals with the experience that can enhance your CV to help you to apply for Universities and jobs, as well as opening doors for a career within the FA or wider football network. On top of this, GFA Ambassadors will have access to the below incentive package:
- Nike Branded Kit
- Travel Expenses
- Opportunity to sit on FA National Youth Council and visit Wembley Stadium
- Opportunity to attend FA Leadership Academy at St George's Park
Full details and the applications forms are available here.
Please contact Jack.Stanbury@GloucestershireFA.com via email, or call 07976 442 532 to discuss the programme further.